Step 1: Take time to get a flu vaccine.
You need a seasonal flu shot to be protected this season!
Step 2: Take every day preventive actions to prevent the spread of germs.
Cover coughs and sneezes with the crook of your arm. Wash hands frequently with soap and running water. Rub hands together for at least 20 seconds. Stay home when you are sick. Do not go to work or school or anywhere else where you will spread your illness to others. Keep children home from school if they have any flu-like symptoms or fever.
Step 3: Take flu antiviral drugs if your doctor prescribes them.
Additional Steps to Fight the Flu:
- Practice good health habits: eat nutritious food, drink water, exercise, and get plenty of sleep.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers if soap and water are not available. Rub for 20 seconds until hands are dry.
- Sanitize common surfaces like doorknobs, keyboards, faucets, telephones and shopping cart handles.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Open windows for fresh air.
- Get regular updates on flu and vaccine information here at www.marinflu.org.